Billy Lai, MCIOB
Director – Project Management
Mr. Lai has over 28 years experience in the construction and building industry .Mr. Lai has successfully managed numerous building rehabilitation and new construction projects in the Co- operative and Non-Profit Housing, and Condominium Sector and is recognized as one of the top consultants in the Canadian Building industry .Mr. Lai has also worked on a diverse range of assignment and involved in variety of projects -including some of the largest commercial, residential projects ever undertaken overseas.
Professional Roles and Typical Project Responsibility:
- Conduct Building Survey to existing buildings to determine the technical condition of the building components and systems, develop remedial measure plan and budgets. Preparation of Specification Writing, Tender Documents, and Tender Analysis.
- Client Liaison and Contract Administration.
- Overview of Project Budget and Schedules.
- Project Co-ordination and site review, Project Presentation and Meeting.
- Certification of Construction Documents such as Progress Payment, Change Notices, Certificate of Substantial Performance, and Holdback Release Certificate.
- Typical Projects include:
Complete building rehabilitation projects, re-roofing, reinforced concrete restoration, window replacement, mechanical and electrical upgrade, waterproofing, building envelope repairs, site improvement and exterior water management projects.
- Technician Diploma in Construction 1977
- Higher Certificate in Construction Technology 1979
- Associateship in Building Technology and Management 1984 (Hong Kong Polytechnic University Advanced Higher Diploma Program, equivalent to BSc Bldg.)
- Currently taking a distance learning study program of Master Degree in Building Conservation (Technology and Management) with Heriot-Watt University in Scotland, U.K.
- Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Building (UK)
- Construction Specifications Canada